Becoming a director of the Rural Ontario Institute
Thank you for your interest in becoming a director of the Rural Ontario Institute (ROI). The board of directors includes 12 or more individuals from across Ontario who give of their time and talents to ensure that the programs and services offered by ROI are relevant and in keeping with the mission and mandate of the organization.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about rural Ontario and is interested in utilizing their personal skills and experience to further the mission and goals of the Rural Ontario Institute (ROI).
ROI’s Vision – Vibrant Thriving Communities
Our Mission – Building Vision Voice and Leadership
We are interested in recruiting board members who have:
- A passion for and commitment to the vision, mission and core values of the Rural Ontario Institute
- An understanding of and experience with board function, governance processes and community-based, Not-for-Profit organizations
- An understanding of a director’s role and fiduciary and legal responsibilities
- An ability to think strategically and independently and to lead change through a culture of inquiry
- An ability to work cooperatively and as part of a team
- Honesty and integrity
Candidates with expertise in finances, fundraising, business and the agriculture sector as well as residents of northern Ontario are encouraged to apply.
The Rural Ontario Institute embraces diversity and equality and is committed to building a team with a variety of backgrounds, skills and views.
Interested individuals are encouraged to complete the an application:
Application for Director of Rural Ontario Institute
Deadline: Completed applications will be accepted until May 12, 2022
Completed applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "ROI Board of Directors Application".
For Inquiries please call (519) 826-4204