Established in 2010, the Rural Ontario Institute (ROI) was created through the amalgamation of The Centre for Rural Leadership (TCRL) and The Ontario Rural Council (TORC).
ROI delivers programs that develop strong leaders who are critical voices around opportunities and key issues facing rural and northern Ontario.
Building Vision, Voice and Leadership for strong
and vibrant rural and northern Ontario communities.
Developing leaders and facilitating collaboration on issues facing rural and northern Ontario.
Key Result Areas
- Strong leaders, strong organizations and strong rural communities
- Effective facilitation of dialogue and collaboration on rural and northern issues and opportunities
- Diverse perspectives and collaboration
- Respectful, open and honest communication
- Innovation and entrepreneurship
- Economic, social and environmental sustainability in rural and northern Ontario
- Continuous improvement and excellence
ROI is a member of the Economic Developers Council of Ontario (EDCO), Ontario Agricultural Hall of Fame Association (OAHFA), Ontario Nonprofit Network (ONN), International Association of Programs for Agricultural Leadership (IAPAL) and Canadian Rural Research Network (CRRN).